Open Net co-hosted “Fake News and False Information, Threats to the Freedom of Expression” seminar with MP Hyesun Choo and a progressive news media, Media Onul at the National Assembly. Open Net advocate for the importance of people’s right to information albeit inaccurate and a public sphere of discourse where people can exchange ideas and beliefs without risking criminal prosecution and suggested alternatives to maintaining the health of that public sphere.
- The Minjoo Party’s Fake News Special Committee Takes a Step Back (eDaily, 11/5)
- Scholars, “Falsely Manipulated Information Regulation? Even More Dangerous than Fake News” (iNews24, 11/5)
- The Justice Party Hosted a Debate against Fake News Regulation (Munwhailbo, 11/5)
- Is the Rumor about ‘Park Keun-hye’s 7 hours’ Fake News? (Media Today, 11/6)
- Fake News Scandal – Is Fake News Regulation Good or Evil? (Sisaweek, 11/15)